Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm trying this again..

My family knows that I spend lots of my freetime on the internet. I love reading blogs, pinterest, facebook, email, and/or researching my next item to purchase. My family will even ask me to "research" for them. It's just how I like to relax. Sit and get lost in the interwebs. Well it's time I make it productive. I had a blog started while I lived in Texas, but didn't feel like I had a topic to specifically write about so I got bored with it. Now that I have James I want to use it to keep track of his milestones and our memories as a family. If anyone else wants to keep up with us or get lost in Scheffertland then I welcome you! I had been using a notebook to keep up with James but I always felt like I was "wasting" my internet time (yes I am a little addicted) so I stopped doing that too. So I hope I can keep up with this blog this time for those two reasons.

So lets start out with James. The love of our lives. The most beautiful baby on earth. Such a happy boy. So curious and funny. We serious sit and watch him. I don't know what we did before him..he's our entertainment. He's 10 months this week. There has been times that have gone by super fast and other days that drag on. But that's just part of staying at home with a human that can't make out words yet. Don't get me wrong. He's a chatty Kathy like his dad. He willl sing as he's crawling along or walking the furniture. He says hi to strangers in the grocery store. He loves to be around people. So we try to get out as much as we can. He loves walks, going to the pool, loves people watching at the zoo, grocery store, and reading books at the library. He loves music. He claps all the time. Just today he starting holding up 1 and 2 with his fingers. Hopefully that means he'll start using some of the signs I've been teaching him. 

In other news..we will be having another little one running around here soon! I found out I was pregnant last Tuesday/Wednesday! I took a test 2 weeks ago and it said negative. So I waited a couple days and took one again, and still negative. I was disappointed. My sister said she got a negative test until she took it at 5 weeks. So I waited til Tuesday, August 2 and took another one with little hope. I almost threw it away, but in desperation looked at it again hoping I could magically  make a line appear. Well then I saw a faint line! I didn't believe it. I decided to wait and check it again after the Y to see if my eyes were tricking me. So I got back and looked again and saw it was still there. I went in to bed and told Mike there might be a faint line on the test. He got out of bed right away and said, "well yeah you might be pregnant, but go get a real test today". I had been using some cheap tests from the internet that my sister had bought, so I went and bought a $7 test and took it wednesday. Sure enough it showed up positive again this time a little bolder. Yeah! So that puts my due date at April 6. I go in for my first appointment on September 1 so that will make me rest easier once I see that little heartbeat.

1 comment: