Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Can you ever be ready?

So I came across this article the other day and thought it was funny. Baby #2


I could answer yes to all of them!  Could you? It did get me thinking about the fact that you can't really ever be "ready." I mean those signs she wrote make it seem like hell on earth to be pregnant or to have another one. I know it's worse for some than it is for others, and I can't speak for those of you that were puking day in and day out. But there isn't one of us that enjoys the roller coaster of emotions where you could be crying and laughing within minutes of each other and you don't know why.  Does anyone ever enjoy feeling sick at the sight of food but know you need to eat because you feel sick?  Sleep deprivation is a known fact, but you can't ever prepare yourself for being so tired you are laying on the floor to just to "rest your eyes" while baby is falling asleep. 


I guess I don't look at the screaming and lack of sleep as a deterrent. Those come with the job. There are hard things with every job. But there isn't anything as rewarding as seeing your baby smile at you, or taking his first step, or clapping because you are going to read him a book or even getting him to poop on the toilet!For those of you without kids I seem crazy..but I hope someday you get to feel that pride. And I know it's all just beginning. I can't wait to see all James has to accomplish. I can't wait to see the man God created him to be. That's what keeps me going. And that's what makes me want to have more!


I guess I never really thought, "can we do this?" It was just a known fact that we were gonna have 4 babies and they will be close in age to each other. Now it is probably easier for me to say this because I do have  the best baby in the world. He is always happy, can play independently, and is a great eater and sleeper. Maybe this article should be written about being ready for baby #3 :) I figure by then though we'll be used to living in chaos and another one won't make much of a difference. We'll see.

How many babies do you want to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment