Monday, August 15, 2011

Alone in the big city

That was us. Well we weren't really "alone" because we were there with Mike's work for a recognition dinner, but we were without James. For the first time overnight. Needless to say I was worried how he would do. Of course he did great though, and I even did okay too! By the time we got home I was ready to cover him in kisses and not let go, but I am glad we took the opportunity to spend time alone again.

So we went to Kansas City Friday afternoon. It takes forever to get there these days with the flooded river, but we made it in time to get on a chartered bus that took us to dinner.  We had some good appetizers and a good dinner. A band played and plenty of people did karokee (especially towards the end of the night after they had visited the open bar plenty of times.) So then the plan was for the bus to take everyone to the Power & Light District (KC's downtown scene). Well I had to pump and we weren't all too excited to hang out with the drunks. So went back to the hotel with the "old people" at 10. We decided we didn't want to just go to bed when we had the opportunity to hang out and sleep in.  So we walked to a nice restaurant and had a nice chat over chicken tacos..which were amazing. We slept in Saturday til 9 and ate at the complimentary breakfast buffet..then shopped around the plaza and ate at the Cheesecake factory. Yum.

So the food was definately in my top 3 for the trip..and it's awesome because since I'm pregnant again I don't have to feel bad about my belly growing :)  My #2 was the king bed.  I loved having so much  room to spread out! Sleeping with a 6'7'' man does not leave much space in a queen bed. (besides the fact that I am a furnace and radiate heat so we try to spread out as much as we can!) and my #1 was walking around downtown and the time at the restaurant with Mike. It was a good time to reconnect and have some good conversations.

Today it was back to real life. 3 kiddos here today. But I did get a nap in so that means it wasn't so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment