Monday, August 22, 2011

10 months

I can't believe James is so close to a year old. It seems like so long ago that he was a tiny baby, but it seems so quick for him to be running around independently! That's right..he took 3 steps the other day by himself! He is so brave and has so many forehead bruises to prove it. He cruises around the furniture and tries to go from piece to piece. Once he has the hang of it he will be unstoppable..so full of energy.

Other things he's doing these days:

* looks at the object you are pointing to

*Understanding more and more. I ask "where is your...ball, spoon and cheerio?" and he looks around for it and will usually find it. I tell him to put the ball "in" the cup and will do it too.

*LOVES dogs and can see them 3 blocks away on a walk. He just starts waving and "ti, ti, ti" trying to get the dogs attention. so cute.

*pooping on the toilet 1-2 times a day! He starts grunting while playing and I say, "lets go poop on the toilet" and we go in and put him on. He sits there and we sing while he fills the pot! It's so funny to watch..he does such a good job.

*Loves to eat table food. He loves toast, spaghetti, sweet potatoes, strawberries, cottage cheese, yogurt. But wants to try anything and everything I am eating or drinking..thinks he's pretty big :)

*Been sleeping from 8pm-6:30am for about 3 months now and still takes 3 one hour naps during the day. I wish we could get down to 2 naps but he just can't do it yet. When he's tired, he's tired.

*Listens to "no, James" really well. If he is approaching something he knows he isn't suppose to play with he will stop and look at me and say, "hmm?" to see if I'm going to stop him this time. There are times when I have to go redirect him, but a lot of times I say, "no, that's not a toy, we don't play with that." and he'll go play with something else. Such a good boy.

That's all I can think of for now. He is always making us laugh and we love him to pieces. It's so much fun watching him hit all of these milestones.

No comments:

Post a Comment