Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day!

Everyone always says you don't know love until you have your own child (does everyone say that?  I really do feel that way so we'll say that 'everyone says it.'). I mean  I love my family and would do anything for them. I love Mike and love him more everyday. But to love your child is love like no other. I think it's because of the sacrifice it takes. They do nothing for me and I'm working all day to make sure their needs are met physically, mentally and emotionally. It's a lot of work. It's all worth it though when he smiles. when he says a new word. when he is so proud of something he did. when he laughs. when he gets hurt and asks me to kiss it. when he cuddles and asks me to 'sing'. It melts my heart. It gives me a picture of how Jesus must feel towards us. He gave the ultimate sacrifice, his life, to show us he loves us. He has to melt his heart when we come to him and worship him. When we take time to sit and talk to him. It's just such a good reminder to me and how much I want to please him.

But back on the topic...yesterday was wonderful. It started with James coming in the room and giving me my present...my iphone! Oh my gosh, I have wanted one so bad and never imagined I would get one! So that was a really fun surprise. I have been enjoying figuring it all out.

Then we went to church and lunch at my grandma's house. It was my parents, sister and brother, my aunt Melody and Uncle Bryan and grandparents. It was such a small group compared to normal! We missed everyone that wasn't there!! But we had some really good tacos!

Later we went over to Mike's parents house for dinner. We had pulled pork sandwiches and it was really good. James loves to play with wear out Grandpa Russ outside. It's so fun to watch them play together. Linda got me 3 rose bushes for Mother's Day so she came over before we put James to bed and planted them! She has done all the landscaping in our front and backyard and it's beautiful. I am so thankful she loves to do it and wants to help us! I love looking out my kitchen window to such a pretty view.

Playing in the water from the hose. It was so funny because he loved it even when
it took his breath away because it was so cold!

Saturday night was really special too. My sister, Ali, couldn't be here on Sunday for Mother's Day so we celebrated my mom on Saturday. We spent the day together and had such a good time. I went over to their house in the morning and made blueberry pancakes (it really wasn't as magical as I wanted because we got over there later than I had wanted and by the time we got there my blood sugar was a little low and I got a little snappy. Hate it when that happens. But I got some pancakes in me and we were good to go!) So then we just hung around the kitchen table, reading the paper and talking/laughing. Had some GUP for lunch..yum! And then my sisters and I made dinner for my mom. She is always cooking for us and I wanted to let her have a day off. She wasn't allowed to cook or even bring anything. I have to say, the meal was quite tasty! We made a recipe from my favorite blog. It was a mango chipotle bbq chicken salad with dressing made from the marinade.

DSC_0293

With it we had tricolor quinoa with mushrooms, strawberries, and a yummy twix brownie bar

 Pinned Image
Of course I was too busy to remember to take my own pictures. But everything actually turned out like it was suppose to!

I didn't get any family pictures yesterday or Saturday..but I will do better now that I have my iphone, right? So hopefully I'll get some recent pictures of the boys and me up here soon! I hope you all had a blessed Mother's Day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment