Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pinterest Support Group

My church has started "community groups". Basically it's a group of 5-15 people in their twenties who form a group based on a common interest. The group lasts 12 weeks and we meet each Saturday for two hours. My friend, Amber, and I decided we wanted to start a group that let us make the projects we pin on pinterest. It seemed like I would pin so many cute things and never have time to sit down and make them.  We have 5 people in our group and we have a lot of fun each week. I thought I'd share the projects we've made the last couple weeks.

This was our first project. We each brought a vase, wine bottle, or beer bottle and wrapped it in twine or yarn. They turned out really cute and although it did take the full two hours to make them, they were pretty simple. It's not the best picture to see the details or how well they actually turned out, but I was really quite pleased with mine!

 

Here are the pictures we used for inspiration

image3.etsy.com                               nattynook.net

Here is the snack I made for group. It's peanut butter popcorn. It was really good. The recipe I had used called for corn syrup, but I would use this recipe next time because it doesn't call for the syrup. I used colby ridge popcorn instead of popping my own, but it was difficult to judge how much I needed for the amount of peanut butter sauce. I definately had too much popcorn, but I will make it again!


Our second project was a little bit more challenging..we had to use a drill! Not something that I have used very often, so I was happy Amber knew what she was doing. I thought these turned out really well also. Each person's looked different and were really cute.

Here is the pictures we got of our herb gardens:


   

And here was our picture for inspiration:


One of the requirements for the community groups is to do a service project at least one week out of the twelve. My sister, Lyndi, is in our group and she was talking about an even they are having for their high school and middle school kids. It's called "the oscars" and it's a big event they throw each year (they plan on serving 600 people at the event!). Lyndi mentioned they were making cupcake plates this year and needed help decorating them. We thought this would be a perfect opportunity to serve and still use our glue guns! :)

We glued the gold trim around these cardboard circles..so although it's a little difficult to tell what we did, here is a picture of what we worked on this week. I will try and get a picture of them at the oscars so you can see the end result.

The best part of this week's group was the snack Lyndi and I made. It of course was something we found on pinterest also! It was an apple cinnamon monkey bread. It was really simple to make and turned out super tasty!

Here is the picture from pinterest


So if any of you want to come join our group some Saturday let me know..we would love to have you!!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun group idea! I have been wanting to do the herb garden craft.

    ReplyDelete