Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend

We had a great weekend. Daddy was home 4 whole days and we got to spend a lot of time with our families. I wrote about the things we were going to do before the weekend started so I'll just give a couple updates.
Saturday was our 10 year high school reunion so we went to a tailgate for the Husker football game and met up with some good friends. We had a pretty good time. Of course there were awkward moments seeing old friends (that you are still friends with on facebook..but apparently not in real life.) and saying hi but then not much else comes out of the conversation. But I got to see a lot of good friends that life got too busy to keep up with. We hungout at a bar downtown and talked and snacked and then came home and watched the first husker football game of the season with both Mike's mom and my parents and sister. The Huskers didn't look as promising as Mike was hoping, but it's only the first game! We are hoping they have a good season this year. Then that evening I was beat so we just stayed home and once James went to bed we laid on the couch! I seriously think I could go to bed at 3pm for the rest of the night during this pregnancy!

Sunday we went to church and visited my (dads side)grandparents. When we got home my mom and James and I went on a walk, and that got me going enough to give me enough energy to clean my house! Oh my gosh it felt so great. I have just been cleaning up where needed lately and haven't done a full deep clean in awhile. So Mike stayed downstairs with James and played while I was upstairs getting everything shiny. James is not a fan of the vacuum so it makes it difficult when I'm by myself to do it. He seriously still heard it and was crying from the noise downstairs, so daddy had to take him outside to swing. Hopefully he gets over that soon!

Monday we went to my parents for breakfast. Had some yummy waffles and a delicious egg casserole. So tasty. Then we we just hung out until we went to my (mom's side) grandmparents for dinner. Ali, Levi and Lux came to town so it was great to see them. Lux is so cute and we are always excited when we get to see her.  It was fun to see everyone and had some great food once again. We are so blessed to be so close to family.

This morning I took James to the YMCA for the first time. He hasn't been babysat by anyone besides family. So I thought we'd try it out. We walked in and he was excited. I set him down and said, "bye" and he looked at me like, "wait..this place looks fun but you have to leave?" I walked away and he didn't even cry. The lady said he did a great job and wanted to go outside the entire time. I was like, "yeah he could live out there I think."

No comments:

Post a Comment