Friday, September 2, 2011

busy, busy...

 I haven't been on the computer in days..what's going on!? I seriously need to loosen up my schedule if I can't fit in facebook. I guess it's only been one day..but still, a lot has happened.  Let me to try fill you in.

Thursday (which is only yesterday?!) we had our first Dr. appointment for baby #2! We went in and my Dr. put the doppler up to my belly and moved it around and said.."looks like you'll be getting pictures of baby today!" She couldn't hear a heartbeat so we had to do an ultrasound. I wasn't too concerned though because we had to do the same thing for James. So we went in and did the ultrasound and found out that baby is actually a week younger than I had thought. So I am only 8 weeks instead of 9 now..yeah another week to feel nauseous! ugh. But good news is baby looked good and heart was fluttering away. So I am due April 12, 2012. Which is funny because James was born Oct 12. So they might be born on the same day of the month which would be kinda fun.

Today my Mom and I left for Omaha at 11 this morning to watch my cousin, Whitney, play volleyball.  She is a sophomore at Northwest Missouri State and they were playing in a tournament at University of Nebraska-Omaha. We met up with my grandparents and my aunt and uncle and watched her first game at 12:30. She played really well and they won in 4 games. Then we all went to Farmhouse Cafe (the real reason I went to Omaha!) It is really good food, but the cinnamon rolls are to die for! So was the chocolate cake and wedding cake I tried today :) Yum. Then we watched her second game at 4:30 and they won in 4 games again. There was another team playing on the next court with some girls I coached a couple years ago so I got to watch them play. We had a great day together, but it felt great to get home. I was tired and missed my two boys!

Mike stayed home with James today and they went over to his parents house to hang out for the day. They had a great time together. I am so thankful James is such a good boy. He just goes with the flow and is happy doing it. I am so thankful Mike has a job that is so flexible and can stay home when needed. God sure knew what he was doing when he opened the door for him to be an insurance agent. Who would have thought. :)

Tomorrow is our 10 year high school reunion! We are going to a tailgate event for the first Nebraska football game. It should be a good time. They are actually doing a bar night tonight, the tailgate tomorrow and a family picnic on Sunday. I think we will just go tomorrow, but I am excited to see everyone. I probably won't talk to many of them..but it's fun to see who looks the same or different :) I know one of my friends from GA will be there that I haven't seen in awhile so I know we will have a good time catching up. I will post pics too! It's so hard to believe it's been 10 years already though. Those were some eventful years! Of course there are some fun memories, but I'm happy I'm on this side of the decade and think this next one will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment