Tuesday, September 13, 2011

11 months old

As Lyndi said on my facebook wall..."it seems your internet/research/blog time has considerably slowed down." It really has! And the reason is because I am napping instead! I have been using James' naps to take a nap myself. This baby has not only taken my energy, I also don't have to feel sick when I'm sleeping, so that means I am sleeping whenever possible. I am now only watching a 16 month old boy one day a week (instead of a 10 month old girl full time on top of the 16 month old.) The timing worked out perfectly for that transistion because I don't think I would have survived if I still had someone here full time! Thank the Lord he has everything planned out perfectly.

In the mean time James turned 11 months old on Monday! He is growing up so fast and it's been so much fun. I started putting some ideas together for his birthday party and it's making me super excited. I think it will be really fun.

I haven't taken his 11 month old pictures yet. I am hoping to get that done on Thursday, but here is what James has been up to this month:

*Walking! He will walk between furniture that is about 5 steps apart. His record is about 10 steps. He gets so proud when he reaches his destination. It's so cute.

*LOVES outside. And understands when you said the word or the word "walk." So we go to the park a lot. I'm not sure what my saving grace this winter will be.

*Using the sign for milk every once and awhile. He was using it pretty consistently a week ago and then he got byebye and milk mixed up so then he stopped using both of them! Now this week he has started waving a lot and signing milk sometimes.

*Understands 70% of what I say. It's amazing how much his comprehension has improved.

*He points to an object (not with one finger yet, just his hand) and says, "huh?" like he's asking me to name the object. So I name it and he says, "hm"

*Grabs a book he wants and "tosses" it to me and says, "huh?" I say, "Do you want me to read it?" And he gets excited for me to read it.
*Fed himself a cracker yesterday. He's struggled putting cheerios in his mouth. I don't know if they are too small or why he won't put them up to his mouth. So I tried a cracker to see if he would feed himself with something bigger and he did. You could tell he was proud he was being independent.

*Nursing 3x a day. Morning, 3:00 and bedtime. I figure I'll cut out the afternoon one when he's 11 1/2 months and then at a year we'll cut out the morning one and ease out bedtime. I love nursing him. It's the only time he's still in my arms. I will miss that time with him.

*Still sleeping from 7:30/8:00pm-6:40am. Then taking 3 naps/day that are 40mins-1hr that are 2 hours apart. If we get past that 2 hour mark he is crabby and then gets overly tired and doesn't take a good nap. He's like clockwork.

I'll try to get the pictures up after I get them taken. We are planning on going up to Aurora tomorrow to see my sister and baby Lux. Hope you have a great week and enjoy the cooler (cold!) weather we are going to be having!

No comments:

Post a Comment