Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! We always love this time of year. Mike, my sister and I had our pumpkin carving contest. We were missing a couple of contestants, my brother, other sister and her husband. But the tradition had to continue without them! My pumpkin turned out like a 5 year old had carved it. It was suppose to be an owl, but I had several questions as to what it was.So I guess that was a fail.

 Mike's pumpkin won, Caillou, of course. He is 3 year reigning champion amongst our family voters. But after putting the pictures on facebook, Lyndi's Tinkerbell was the winner for those voters!

The boys loved choosing and decorating their pumpkin. I saw a cute thing on pinterest with hand prints turned into ghosts, so we started with the hand prints, and then the boys got to finish painting the pumpkin.
 

 As you can see, they really got into it.

 Turned out pretty cute.
 
 Craft time. I put nose and eye shapes in the green tray and mouth choices in the yellow tray. So we talked about what makes up a face and they chose their own shapes and glued them on their pumpkins. Eli actually enjoyed this more than James! I thought they turned out really cute.


James is Batman and Eli is Spiderman. We borrowed the batman costume and then found the spiderman at target so they would coordinate :) They had a good time.




 They ended up with almost a bucket full. Plenty for mom and dad to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment