Wednesday, January 2, 2013

9 months old

He's grown into such a little man! He's definitely far from little though! He's showing off his personality and it's been so fun to get to know him. He is the happiest baby. He has the cutest smile and loves his mom, of course. Both my boys do. We call it piranha hour when they both want me at the same time. Usually after nap time or at dinner. It can get a little hectic if you don't plan ahead a little! It can get a little overwhelming when they won't go to someone else for a little while, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I know that the day will come when they won't want all my hugs and kisses. So I try to keep that in mind on those days that I feel like I can't breath!

Here is what Eli's been up to this past month:

-Weighs 21.4lbs and is 30.5inches. Seriously growing like a weed.

-He slept through the night 4 days this last week! Went to bed at 8 and got up at 6:45. I had to give him his binky around 1:30, but I can't complain. It was so nice to sleep so long!

-He eats all the time still. He switches between nursing and baby food every 2 hours! When he was sleeping through the night I was down to nursing only 4 times a day though. So that would be nice if he'd ween himself of that feeding! We'll see.

-Wearing 12-18 month clothing! I swear he is going to catch up with James!

-Talking so much. babble babble. He says, "raaraaw. dadada. bababa" It's so cute how he will have conversations. He looks at me and babbles waits for me say something and then goes on again.

-Loves puffs. His hands get going when I pull them out! Within the last 2 weeks he's been able to feed them to himself. It's so helpful in keeping him busy when I need to get stuff done!

-Not doing any sign language yet. There for a couple days I thought he was doing drink, but he hasn't done it in the past week. This is about the time with James that I was like, "seriously, is there any point? I don't think he's ever going to learn it." And then around month 10 he did his first signs. So we'll see if Eli picks it up in the next month or two.

-Wakes up from naps so happy! He is smiling and so happy to see everyone. It's cute.

-Has started to try to go from sitting to all 4's, but can only get onto one knee before he gets nervous and sits back down. I think he will take off pretty soon. It's so funny to watch him. He wants to go, go, go so badly and chase James. It's just so much to coordinate when he's so long! He has pulled himself up a couple times. But he loves to stand. It's funny, if you try to put him down to play he stays stiff as a board so that I don't sit him down. He wants me to stay and help him stand and play.

-Doing a pretty good job of pooping on the toilet. He gets on there about once a day. He of course still goes in his diaper other times, but it's just about practicing and getting on there if I catch him pushing!

-The boys have been passing a cold back and forth. It started as croup with Eli. Then James got a bad cough and a runny nose and now Eli has horrible congestion. Neither one are completely healed up.

The boys are so cute together. They are both so sweet. It's so fun to see the different personalities God gave them. I try to pray often that they will grow up to be best friends. I long for them to follow Jesus and not have to take the long way through life. I know Jesus loves them even more than I do and wants the best for them also. So I pray God equips me each day to teach them how much they are loved and the sacrifice God made for us. I want them to know the character of God and not just the "rules" he's set out. I have learned that because God loves us so much he has set those guidelines for us so that we can live a life of freedom and not as a slave to sin. I used to think the rules were restrictive and fun sucking. How my experiences have taught me otherwise! It's just amazing how much my perspective changed on different things once I had my boys. I can understand God's love a little bit more; the reason he was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. I pray my life is a reflection of His love for me so that others, my boys included, can experience this freedom.

That was a random bunny trail, but it was on my heart this morning. Maybe it's the lack of sleep from last night..but I thought I'd share it! I know I'm not the only mom, dad, aunt, or grandma that thinks about this for their babies! What are some ways you try to make God part of your every day with your little ones?!

No comments:

Post a Comment