Wednesday, October 17, 2012

James is two

James is two!
 I can't believe it's been two years since I walked into the hospital to have him. I still remember how excited and anxious I was. I remember how I was so excited to meet him and get to be a mom. I never could have imagined the blessing he would be or the love I would have for him. It's been an amazing two years and I couldn't have been given a smarter, handsome, or fun little boy.

James is seriously so funny. He cracks me up and is such a joy to spend everyday with. I am so thankful I get to stay home and get to know him and teach him day in and day out.

Here's what he's up to:

-Weighs: 29lbs (50-75%), Height: 35 3/4inches (90%)

-Down to one nap! It's finally come! It's been so nice to have a little more flexibility in the day since he only goes down in the afternoon now. He sleeps from 8pm-6:30 and naps from 1-3. He's nap time still varies a little. Depending on what we are doing that day he goes down a little later sometimes, but it seems like he sleeps longer if he gets down closer to one.

-Still a great eater. He has really enjoyed pickles, apples, cottage cheese, and avocado lately! He eats 3 good meals and has one or two snacks.

-Doing a great job on the toilet. We have moved to him being able to go to the bathroom by himself every once in awhile. He can pull his pants and underwear off and climb up on the toilet. He'll go and get down by himself. (this only happens if I am busy with Eli and he can't wait to go. He prefers to have me come with him of course, so I can hold the phone for him.)

-Sings the ABC's! He starts singing, a,b,c,d,e,f,g  then I say h,i,j,k,l,m,n and he sings, o,p, I say q,r, he says, s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z. It's so cute. He also likes to sing the Itsy, Bitsy Spider. He sings the phrase, I repeat him and he sings the next one. He can do that song all by himself! He loves songs. I am singing all the time..and I am not good!

-He's got his colors down. He confuses purple with pink sometimes, but he's got the rest down.

-He will count his cars, "1,2,3,5,7,8,9,10. I usually say the number where he gets stuck and he will say the correct following number.

-He loves to read, loves playing with his trucks, bubbles, bike, lawn mower, tools, and shopping cart.

-He is a great helper for me and Eli and has such a sweet heart. He is becoming more independent and it is so useful in getting him to do what I need. I ask him to come in the bathroom and he doesn't come or says no. I say, "do you want to march over here or do you need help getting here?" 9/10 he says, "James do it." and starts marching over!
-If Eli is getting fussy and I'm working on something James will say, "help I (eli)" and he'll go over and say, "I its okay.It's okay." and will give him his binky and try to make him laugh. Or say, "talking.talking" because I've told him to go "talk to eli to make him happy." It's adorable.

James is turning into a little man. I am excited to see what God has in store for him and for his gifts and talents to be revealed! I'm sure we have a lot in store for the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment